- Age: 38
- Gender: female
- Dental caries penetrating into dentin on 1.1 (UR1), 2.1 (UL1)
- Cracked tooth on 1.1 (UR1), 2.1 (UL1)
- Pulp necrosis on 4.1 (LR1)
- Unsatisfactory restoration on 1.1 (UR1), 2.1 (UL1), 4.1 (LR1)
Total Treatment Visits
- Appointment 1: Initial consultation with full mouth examination and scanning for Digital Smile Designing & digital wax-up was done.
- Appointment 2:Mock-up try in was done to adjust the form and shape of mock-up veneers
- Appointment 3:Tooth preparation was done for tooth #11 #21 and #41, followed by digital impression for veneer fabrication
- Appointment 4: Veneers were cemented
- Appointment 5: Post-treatment follow-up was done
- This female patient presented with defective #11 #21 composite resin restorations and discolored #41 after root canal treatment.
- iTero 5D with NIRI function can detect early decalcification lesions and also highlight discoloration in the tooth in high contrast. This helped in patient communication and treatment planning.
- #11 #21 #41 veneers were planned to restore t the tooth morphology and mask the discoloration.
- Minimal invasive preparation was done under microscope.
Satisfactory results were achieved.