Class II div 2, Posterior crossbite, Deep bite, Asymmetric arches, Maxillary midline deviation, Midline shift, Crowding, Rotations
Leveling Curve of Spee,
Elastics: Class II,
Elastics: Class II in Additional Aligners,
Courtesy of Dr S. Okano, 2021
- Age: 17
- Gender: female
- Invisalign Submission Option: Invisalign Teen
Total Treatment Time
- 24 months
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 54 + 25 + 15 = 94
- Mandibulary: 52 + 25 + 13 = 90
Aligner Wear time
- Maxillary: Other
- Mandibular: Other
- Class I relationship achieved
- Functional canine guidance on both sides
- Posterior crossbite corrected
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Deepbite improved
- Significant improvement of overbite
- Midlines coincident
- Proper axial inclination of incisors
- Curve of Spee leveled
- Arches aligned and coordinated
- Alignment of both arches through derotation
- Arch form improved
- Aesthetic smile line was achieved
- All treatment goals were achieved case
- Harmonic arches were achieved
- Despite the fact that the roots of UR1 and UL1 were too short, we were able to minimize the damage by minimizing the amount of movement.
- To improve scissors bite(UR4) and posterior crossbite (left side), we aligned and coordinated the arches, which proved to be very effective.
- In initial aligners, sequential distalization was performed to improve Class II.
- We continued using Class II elastics (3/16 inch, 4.5 OZ) in initial aligners.
- Optimizing extrusion attachments for molars was effective for detailing on the left side molars.