Class II div 1, Increased overjet, Mandibular retrognathia, Deep bite, Narrow arches, Asymmetric arches, Mandibular midline deviation, Crowding, Rotations
Leveling Curve of Spee,
Elastics: Class II,
Courtesy of Dr K. Sung Chung, 2021
- Age: 17
- Gender: male
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Invisalign Lite
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 14 + 14 + 14 = 42
- Mandibulary: 14 + 14 + 14 = 42
Aligner Wear time
- 10-14 days
- Maxillary: Fixed/Bonded
- Mandibular: Fixed/Bonded
- Class I relationship achieved
- Functional canine guidance on both sides
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Significant improvement of overjet
- Proper axial inclination of incisors
- Curve of Spee leveled
- Arches aligned and coordinated
- Alignment of both arches through derotation
- Arch form improved
- Aesthetic smile line was achieved
- Harmonic arches were achieved
- The patient's overjet was significantly decreased by distalization of posterior teeth and IPR in conjunction with Class II elastics.
- The lower Curve of Spee was leveled by intrusion of lower incisors and extrusion of lower 456.
- His profile was improved by a significant reduction of lip protrusion.
- The upper midline is on his facial midline. The lower midline is not coincident with the facial midline due to chin deviation.
- The patient was very happy with his smile and final outcome.