- Age: 11
- Gender: male
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Invisalign Teen with MA
Total Treatment Time
- 18 months
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 35 + 40 = 75
- Mandibulary: 35 + 40 = 75
Aligner Wear time
- Maxillary: Other clear
- Mandibular: Other clear
- Class I relationship achieved
- Functional canine guidance on both sides
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Significant improvement of overbite
- Significant improvement of overjet
- Proper axial inclination of incisors
- Curve of Spee leveled
- Arches aligned and coordinated
- Arch form improved
- Aesthetic smile line was achieved
- All treatment goals were achieved case
- Harmonic arches were achieved
I intended to use MA to correct Class II occlusion and guide the mandible forward at first, but the precision wings were broken frequently.
The patient wore 35# MA aligners, but Class II occlusion and deep bite still existed and the effect of upper arch expansion was not ideal. I think that MA is not good for upper arch expansion and Spee curve leveling. So I turned to MCC.
- Three-dimensional adjustment on the upper and lower arches is very important in Class II occlusion.
- Horizontally, I used aligners to expand the upper arch by 3mm per side.
- Vertically, I used G5 to level the Spee curve and correct deep bite.
- Sagitally, light force(3/16,3.5oz) Class II elastics were used to guide the mandible forward.