Class II div 1, Increased overjet, Mandibular retrognathia, Open bite, Deep bite, Crowding, Rotations
Leveling Curve of Spee,
First premolar extraction,
Elastics: Class II,
Courtesy of Dr B. Wang, 2021
- Age: 23
- Gender: female
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Invisalign Full
Total Treatment Time
- 23 months
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 64 + 19 + 9 = 92
- Mandibulary: 64 + 19 + 9 = 92
Aligner Wear time
- Maxillary: Hawley
- Mandibular: Hawley
- Class I relationship achieved
- Functional canine guidance on both sides
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Significant improvement of overjet
- Midlines coincident
- Proper axial inclination of incisors
- Curve of Spee leveled
- Arches aligned and coordinated
- Aesthetic smile line was achieved
- All treatment goals were achieved case
- Harmonic arches were achieved
- 14, 24, 34, and 44 were extracted to help correct bimaxillary protrusion, maximum anchorage was designed for both upper and lower dental arches during space closure.
- Vertical position control for both upper and lower molars were carried out during orthodontic treatment in order to prevent clockwise rotation of the mandible.
- Class II elastics were used to retract labial proclined upper incisors, in order to help correct anterior deep overjet.
- Lower anterior teeth intrusion combined with lower premolars extrusion to help correct anterior deep overbite and level the curve of Spee.
- Power ridge design was used for both upper and lower incisors to help control axial inclination during retraction, as well as to prevent a gingival recession, alveolar dehiscence, and fenestration during orthodontic treatment