Class II div 1, Increased overjet, Deep bite, Narrow arches, Asymmetric arches, Maxillary midline deviation, Mandibular midline deviation, Midline shift, Crowding, Rotations
Leveling Curve of Spee,
First premolar extraction,
Elastics: Class III,
Courtesy of Dr W. Li, 2021
- Age: 36
- Gender: male
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Invisalign Comprehensive
Total Treatment Time
- 25 months
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 55 + 40 + 11 = 106
- Mandibulary: 55 + 15 + 5 = 75
- Maxillary: Other
- Mandibular: Other
- Class I relationship achieved
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Deepbite improved
- Overjet improved
- Significant improvement of overbite
- Significant improvement of overjet
- Midlines coincident
- Proper axial inclination of incisors
- Curve of Spee leveled
- Arches aligned and coordinated
- Arch form improved
- Aesthetic smile line was achieved
- All treatment goals were achieved case
- Harmonic arches were achieved
- Space was obtained by arch expansion to align and intrude the lower anterior teeth so that the severe deep overbite could be improved.
- By adjusting the arch and extracting two premolars, with the assistance of two implants anchorage, a large amount of retraction of the upper anterior teeth was obtained, and then the severe deep over-jet was corrected.
- In addition, the retraction process of the upper teeth was well controlled vertically, and the excessive exposure of the anterior teeth was clearly improved.
- Two canines of the mandible with severe gingival atrophy were significantly improved after orthodontic treatment.
- This patient had a Class II malocclusion with severe retraction of the mandible but he refused the surgery.
- After the premolar extraction treatment, he achieved a much more balanced occlusal relationship and a better smile.