Class II div 2, Increased overjet, Mandibular retrognathia, Deep bite, Narrow arches, Asymmetric arches, Maxillary midline deviation, Mandibular midline deviation, Midline shift, Crowding, Rotations
Leveling Curve of Spee,
Phase II treatment,
Elastics: Class II,
Elastics: Class II in Additional Aligners
Courtesy of Dr K. Malekian, 2021
- Age: 14
- Gender: male
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Invisalign Teen
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 33 + 20 + 16 = 69
- Mandibulary: 33 + 20 + 16 = 69
Aligner Wear time
- Progressive Aligner Change Interval : 14 Days - 10 Days- 7 Days
- Maxillary: Vivera retainer
- Mandibular: Vivera retainer
- Class I relationship achieved
- Class I relationship maintained
- Functional canine guidance on both sides
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Deepbite improved
- Overjet improved
- Significant improvement of overbite
- Significant improvement of overjet
- Midlines coincident
- Proper axial inclination of incisors
- Curve of Spee leveled
- Arches aligned and coordinated
- Alignment of both arches through derotation
- Arch form improved
- Aesthetic smile line was achieved
- All treatment goals were achieved case
- Harmonic arches were achieved
- Maxillary and mandible arch expansion with simultaneous lingual torque of upper and lower Canine, Premolar, and Molars.
- Power ridges at upper central teeth helped us in order to achieve a nice esthetic torque followed by upper and lower anterior intrusion for deep bite correction.
- Precision bite ramps (G5) at lingual of upper 4 incisors was an important strategy in the correction of deep bite.
- The midline shift was more than 2mm. For midline correction, we planned a combination of:
a) Minimal IPR (0.2-0.3mm ) on the upper left side and lower right side.
b) Asymmetric elastics: Class II elastics right side and Class III elastics on the left side.
- Retention: the patient is wearing Vivera retainer: Upper and lower arch nightwear (8 hours) with fixed 0.15mm steel wire 3-3 bonded retainer.