- Age: 15
- Gender: F
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Teen
Total Treatment Time
- 22 months
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 34
- Mandibulary: 33
- Maxillary: Bonded lingual wire (33-43) and removable retainers
- Mandibular: Bonded lingual wire (12-22) and removable retainers
- Class I relationship was achieved through favorable mandibular growth both anterio-posteriorly and slightly vertically enhanced with good class 2 elastic wear.
- Upper anterior teeth aligned and level
- Mild upper crowding was resolved.
- Interesting treatment as patient presented with a full class II, skeletally based malocclusion
- Treatment options typically considered, would be either a 2 phase approach of functional orthopedics, followed by braces, or a single phase treatment of braces with class 2 elastics
- I elected a similar approach, but utilized Invisalign Teen with class 2 elastics
- This treatment was successful because it was likely to be the favorable growth pattern and staging, combined with excellent patient elastic and aligner wear compliance
- I would alter 2 things in a future similar case
- I would use a full class II elastic –correction simulation in the patient Clincheck set up.
- Class II elastics from buttons 1.3 (UR3), 2.3 (UL3) and 3.6 (LL6), 4.6 (LR6)would be more beneficial in overbite and incisal height corrections.