- Age: 13
- Gender: female
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Full
Total Treatment Time
- 8 months
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 12
- Mandibulary: 17
Aligner Wear time
- Maxillary: Fixed/Bonded
- Mandibular: Fixed/Bonded
- Class I relationship achieved
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Midlines coincident
- Arches aligned and coordinated
- All treatment goals were achieved case
- Invisalign is an excellent choice for patients with anterior open bite, as it reduces treatment time and the need for temporary anchorage - it allows good control of the vertical dimension which prevents inadvertent posterior extrusion, as well as enables active intrusion of the posterior teeth when aided by occlusal attachments (which were not filled with composite).
- Malocclusion was corrected with 12 upper aligners and 17 lower aligners, from the 24 aligners initially planned. Root resorption of the upper central incisors remained unchanged.
- The final photos and radiographs showed that the occlusal plane and proclination of the lower incisors improved.