- Age: 41
- Gender: female
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Full
- Class III relationship
- Narrow Arches
- Midline Shift
- Posterior Crossbite
- Mandibular midline deviation
- Asymmetric arches
- Leveling Curve of Spee
- Space Closure
- Optimized Rotation Attachment (G3) on Buccal 4.5 (LR5), Buccal 3.5 (LL5)
- Optimized Multiplane (G4) on Buccal 1.2 (UR2)
- Optimized Root Control Attachments (G4) on Buccal 1.1 (UR1), Buccal 1.3 (UR3), Buccal 2.3 (UL3), Buccal 2.4 (UL4), Buccal 4.4 (LR4), Buccal 3.3 (LL3)
- Optimized DeepBite Attachments for Anchorage (G5) on Buccal 1.5 (UR5), Buccal 3.4 (LL4)
- Class I relationship achieved
- Functional canine guidance on both sides
- Anterior crossbite corrected
- Posterior crossbite corrected
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Midlines coincident
- Alignment of both arches through derotation
- Arch form improved
- All treatment goals were achieved case
Total treatment Time
- 17 months
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 44 + 28 = 72
- Mandibular: 44 + 28 = 72
Aligner wear time
- A previous expansion of the maxilla was done.
- After the expansion this case was prepared for orthognatic surgery.
- Only Invisalign without any other appliance or need for elastics was used for the preparation.
- Over correction of the posterior crossbite was planned to ensure that we would not have premature contacts in the immediate postoperative period.
- Between 3.4 and 3.5 we did only 0.3mm IPR to strengthen the closure of spaces.
- Small midline deviation was corrected with additional aligners.
- Tooth 1.7 was extracted because it had no antagonist and the patient did not wish to place an implant in the region of 4.7