- Age: 71
- Gender: female
- Complete loss of tooth on 3.6 (LL6)
Total Treatment Visits
- Appointment 1: After 3 months, post placement of implant in the region of tooth #36, patient visited the doctor for crown restoration. The healing abutment was removed and replaced by a scan body and an intraoral scan was taken. The healing abutment was then put back.
- Appointment 2: At the next visit, the healing abutment was removed and an implant abutment was torqued as per the manufacturer's instruction, followed by the try-in of the crown and the final crown was seated in the area of tooth #36. The screw hole was filled using Teflon tape and resin composite. Finally, oral hygiene instructions were given to the patient.
- Dental History: Tooth was extracted about 1 year ago and after all the treatment options were presented, the patient choose a dental implant.
- The patient had a very limited maximum mouth opening as shown in the initial image. The patient had no dental or surgical history for her limited mouth opening.
- The patient said that all the dentists visited before complained that the patient's mouth was too small, which made it hard to do the treatment. So while scanning the posterior region the patient was allowed to rest more often than usual.