Tratamento em destaque
We would like to congratulate Dr. Pedernera with winning the 2018 EMEA Peer Review Awards!
Dr M. Pedernera
- Age: 25
- Gender: female
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Full
Total Treatment Time
- 19 meses
Número de alinhadores
- Maxillary: 34 + 14 = 48
- Mandibulary: 26 + 14 = 40
Aligner Wear time
- At the start of the treatment every 2 weeks, gradually changed to 1 week
- Maxillary: Vivera
- Mandibular: Vivera
- Relação de Classe I obtida
- Orientação canina funcional em ambos os lados
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Mordida profunda melhorada
- Linhas médias coincidentes
- Inclinação axial adequada dos incisivos
- Curva de Spee equilibrada
- Arcos alinhados e coordenados
- Forma de arco melhorada
- Aesthetic smile linewas achieved
- Todos os objetivos de tratamento foram casos alcançados
- Os arcos harmônicos foram alcançados
- This case was an Advanced case and was a good challenge for me.
- The main issue was to solve the crowding of the upper teeth and the high position of 1.2, as well correct the sagital problem.
- My plan was to distalize the upper arch using the 1/2 protocol and moving a maximum of two teeth at the time, with an aesthetic beginning proclining the upper incisors.
- For increased anchorage I used Class II elastics.
- Also made expansion of both the upper and lower to improve the buccal corridors due to the narrow arches, at the same time in the first Clincheck I manage to create extrusion of 1.2.
- In my opinion one of the important things in this case was taking the bite records and pictures of the initial situation by centering the mandible (centering the midlines) and setting the starting point of the treatment from this position.
- This helped to reduce the number of aligners for the first stage.
- The extraction of the four third molars was done before starting the treatment.
- A very short phase of additional aligners was necessary to finish the treatment with a beautiful and functional occlusion.
- The patients cooperation during the treatment was 10 out of 10.