Class III, Posterior crossbite, Anterior crossbite, Edge to edge bite, Deep bite, Narrow arches, Asymmetric arches, Maxillary midline deviation, Mandibular midline deviation, Midline shift, Crowding, Rotations
Leveling curve of Spee,
Elastics: Class III
Courtesy of Dr K. Malekian, 2018
- Age: 30
- Gender: male
- Invisalign Treatment Option: Invisalign Full
Total Treatment Time
- 21 months
Number of aligners
- Maxillary: 32 + 33 + 20 = 85
- Mandibulary: 32 + 33 + 20 = 85
Aligner Wear time
- 10 day aligner change for treatment aligner. Refinement aligner change range between 7-5 days.
- Class I relationship achieved
- Class I relationship maintained
- Functional canine guidance on both sides
- Anterior crossbite corrected
- Posterior crossbite corrected
- Normal overjet and overbite achieved
- Deepbite improved
- Overjet improved
- Significant improvement ofoverbite
- Significant improvement of overjet
- Midlines coincident
- Proper axial inclination of incisors
- Curve of Spee levelled
- Arches aligned and coordinated
- Alignment of both arches through derotation
- Arch form improved
- Aesthetic smile linewas achieved
- All treatment goals were achieved case
- Harmonic arches were achieved
- Determine space selection was the key factor to resolve the severe crowding in the upper and lower arch
- Staging was also a key factor: We started with high expansion of upper molars and premolars and when gained enough space we continued with arch development and retraction to extrude upper canines
- IPR was planned at upper and lower premolars
- Carefull IPR tracking with distalization movement of upper and lower premolars allowed space in order to align high angle rotation of canines 2.3,3.3 and 4.3 .
- Conventional bite ramps at the buccal surface of lower four incisors were used in order to correct the deepbite
- Class III elastics were used in order to improve the anterior/posterior relationship and turn Class III canine and molar into full class I molar and canine.
- Proclination of upper laterals 1.2 and 2.2 in order to correct the anterior crossbite.
- Arch coordination tool at clincheck Pro was very helpfull.
- The maxilla and mandible arch form at stage U0-L0 were very asymmetric and required arch form coordination.
- Lower incisor proclination and simultaneously lower canines were retracted and distalized